FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
1. What does 'working load limit' mean?
Working load limit is the maximum load that may be applied to a component of a cargo securement system during normal service, usually assigned by the manufacturer of the component. Please see each product description for the working load limit.
2. What does 'break strength mean?
Break strength means the greatest stress, especially in tension, that a material is capable of withstanding without rupture. Please see each product description for break strength.
3. How many straps should I use for hauling my vehicle, cargo, etc.?
We always recommend following the rules set forth by the FMSCA (Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration). Those rules can be found here: https://www.ecfr.gov/current/title-49/subtitle-B/chapter-III/subchapter-B/part-393/subpart-I
4. What type of ratchet straps should I buy for my trailer?
Every trailer is different and some ratchet strap end-types work better for some anchor points than others. From side rails to d-rings to stake pockets, we have the trailer tie downs to get you hauling.
5. How can I prolong the life of my straps?